Make Your Own Pottery
Basic Handbuilding Technique
Handbuilding is very basic technique for making ceramic or pottery. Handbuilding technique allows you to create forms with clay and your hands without using a throwing wheel. Through this technique you will able to learn the different pottery techniques of pinching, coiling, slab rolling. You can make your own functional tableware, Vase, or anything you want, all you need to get started with your clay, your hands and a few simple tools. You don’t have to be an expert to learn this technique.Handbuilding Techniques:
- Pinching: Pinching are a great first technique when you first begin to work with clay. It’s simple begin with a ball of clay and the you can shape it using your hands by pressing your thumbs
- Coilling : This technique are created a pottery by rolling out coils of your clay and joining them together.
- Slabbing: a pottery technique formed by joining flats slabs of clay after they have been processed through a slab roller. Before shaping the clay you can press some pattern as well to you flats slabs of clay.
- Mix Techniques: you will learn how to combine two handbuilding techniques to create your own pottery.
|Capacity||up to 6 people|
- 1 Kg of Stoneware Clay
- Tools & equipment
- 6 Glazes / Colors
- Final Product *2-3 weeks of Drying and Firing Procces*
Discover the Journey of Ceramic Hand Throwing for Beginners!
Embark on an exhilarating artistic journey with our Ceramic Hand Throwing Class, designed specifically for beginners like you. Over the course of two captivating days, you’ll unlock the secrets of clay sculpting, refining your creations, and transforming them into stunning ceramic masterpieces.
Shape Your Dreams Learn the art of hand throwing from the ground up. Our expert instructors will guide you through essential techniques as you learn to throw clay. With all tools and 2.5 kg provided, you’ll embrace the joy of the creative process itself, leaving perfectionism aside.
Delve deeper into the art of refinement as you add delicate details and smooth edges to your pieces. Trimming can be done within 1- 3 days after throwing your first pieces. Our experienced mentors will reveal the secrets of professional-looking results. Witness your ceramics come to life and gain confidence in your skills.
Our beginner-friendly class focuses on the journey of self-discovery, growth, and embracing the joy of the artistic process. Join us on this remarkable adventure of creativity!Package includes :
- 2.5 kg of clay that can make up to 5 items that you can take home.
- Stain (Optional)
- Glaze and Firing Services
- Trimming Services (Optional) If you cannot make the next visit for the trimming session.
Unleash your inner artist and enroll in our Ceramic Hand Throwing Class today. Let the clay become your trusted companion on this transformative journey.If you’re not able to commit to all two sessions, Jenggala can help to trim and color your items (selected colors).
IDR 1.237.500 / person
Teen to Adults (min 10 years old)
Wednesday until Sunday
Jenggala Jimbaran at Art and Design Studio, Jl. Uluwatu II, Jimbaran
Reservation for Make Your Own PotteryNote
- RSVP H-1 before Session
- OTS (On The Spot) reservation allow if the seats still available
- Cancellations or rescheduling is allowed