Make Your Own Pottery
Basic Handbuilding Technique
Handbuilding is very basic technique for making ceramic or pottery. Handbuilding technique allows you to create forms with clay and your hands without using a throwing wheel. Through this technique you will able to learn the different pottery techniques of pinching, coiling, slab rolling. You can make your own functional tableware, Vase, or anything you want, all you need to get started with your clay, your hands and a few simple tools. You don’t have to be an expert to learn this technique.Handbuilding Techniques:
- Pinching: Pinching are a great first technique when you first begin to work with clay. It’s simple begin with a ball of clay and the you can shape it using your hands by pressing your thumbs
- Coilling : This technique are created a pottery by rolling out coils of your clay and joining them together.
- Slabbing: a pottery technique formed by joining flats slabs of clay after they have been processed through a slab roller. Before shaping the clay you can press some pattern as well to you flats slabs of clay.
- Mix Techniques: you will learn how to combine two handbuilding techniques to create your own pottery.
|Capacity||up to 6 people|
- 1 Kg of Stoneware Clay
- Tools & equipment
- 6 Glazes / Colors
- Final Product *2-3 weeks of Drying and Firing Procces*
Jenggala is offering 3 x 2 hour sessions for ceramic wheel-throwing technique. Your hands creating the ceramic form while the wheel spins! Semi-private class of just 1-2 persons with qualified instructor. Learn simple cup and bowl forming techniques and unique color application. Price includes all materials, use of tools and equipment as well as kiln firing of your ceramic items. Work can be picked up 2-3 weeks after the last session.Session Information
- First session: Forming – learn how to make cylindrical shapes and/or other round shapes if you are already familiar with wheel-throwing technique
- Second session: Trimming – learn technique to remove excess clay and refine the shape of your clay items
- Third session: Coloring – decorate your items with Engobe (colored clay) still in the raw clay state or you can choose to decorate your items as bisque-ware using colored glazes.
|Capacity||1 – 2 people|
|Duration||3 x 120 minutes (3 sessions)|
- 2,5 Kg of Clay
- Tools & equipment
- Colored-clays and Glazes
- Kiln firing and 5-8 fully glazed items of your own creation
IDR 1.237.500 / person
Teen to Adults (min 10 years old)
Wednesday until Sunday
Jenggala Jimbaran at Art and Design Studio, Jl. Uluwatu II, Jimbaran
Reservation for Make Your Own PotteryNote
- RSVP H-1 before Session
- OTS (On The Spot) reservation allow if the seats still available
- Cancellations or rescheduling is allowed